CG Moving Co. is a small, family owned moving company located in South San Francisco and Sacramento, California. We have been in business since 2005.
We are accepting applications for an EXPERIENCED driver. Experience with delivering, assembling and moving office furniture is a plus. One full time position available at our Sacramento office. Competitive pay and medical, dental, vision, acupuncture, chiropractor and life insurance benefits after a 30 day introductory period. Safety shoes are worn at our sites.
We will email or text/call you for an on-site application and interview. In person interview will allow you to demonstrate your experience and knowledge. Experienced candidates only! We have a one week working interview-evaluation-hiring period where we get to know you and you us. At the end of the week we both decide if you stay on board. The hiring/working week is paid.
Masks are required for interview and social distancing will be observed.
No walk-ins will be accepted. No exceptions!
Local Candidates Only
What shifts are available at this location?
Most Days you can expect to start at between 6 and 7 AM and leave by 2:30-3:30 PM Monday Thru Friday.
You may be asked to work weekends as required by client's demands. You may be asked to work overtime as per our projects demands.
If you are hired and accept the position, you will need to provide proof of your identity and employment eligibility as required by federal law by completing a Form I-9. Here is a link to the List of Acceptable Document(s) that are needed (either 1 from List A or 1 from List B and 1 from List C): https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents.
Background check will be required. As we are a federal contractor, some sites require fingerprinting and more extensive background check at no cost to the employee. We participate in the California DMV Employer Pull Notice program. The Employer Pull Notice (EPN) program enables commercial and government organizations to monitor the driving records of employees who drive for them.
CG Moving Co. is an E-Verify employer; so be prepared to present a document with a photograph!
Hourly Pay Rate: Start pay is $20 per hour ***Depending on Previous Experience***
After a 30 day introductory period, and if offered a full time permanent position, full time employees can expect:
Bi-weekly pay schedule
Employer paid medical (Kaiser Permanente HMO), dental (Delta Dental PPO), vision (VSP), chiropractor and acupuncture (Landmark Healthplan) and life insurance ($10K policy) benefits for employee only. Employee can ask about dependent medical and dental insurance at the employee's cost.
Holidays 11 paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving!
Sick time (up to 56 hours sick pay per year)
One week paid vacation after six months of full time employment.
On-the-job training and skill development
• At least 18 years old.
• Flexible in responsibilities. While you are not driving, you will be required to work as a mover, installer or helper.
• Have *proven experience* with driving bobtails, box trucks, vans, up to 26 ft.
• Willing and able to work extra hours as required by our client's or projects.
• Able to lift between 75 and 150 pounds, sit for many hours while driving, stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
Moving and installing furniture is a very physical job, with or without reasonable accommodation you will need to complete the job.
• Able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs), sometimes there is no elevator access.
• Able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
• Willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift. You may also work with lift gates on our moving trucks.
• Experience with driving box truck, bobtail, van up to 26 ft long.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High school or GED certificate preferred, but not required
• English literacy skills
• Previous experience in furniture delivery, office or household relocation, furniture installation, modular furniture installation.